I signed up at my gym for a half-hour core program 3X per week. What will I be doing and how will it help me? (Isabella, Freeport).
Here are the basics of a core program. Hopefully, your class will address:
- Abdominal exercises
- Lower back exercises
- Glute exercises
- Muscles that stabilize the hips
- Deep inner muscles which help support the spine
As a result, you will experience an improvement with: Flexion
– Bending forward movement, Extension
– Bending backwards and Rotation
– Side to side turns. A core workout will strengthen your personal movement patterns. The way you move in daily life will improve.
Listen to Frank Mikulka’s Weekly Fitness Tips every week on Debbie Mandel’s Turn On Your Inner Light Show every Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 7:30 pm on WGBB 1240AM. Also available on www.turnonyourinnerlight.com/page3.html