I’ve been training pretty steady for the last 8 months, so now I’m getting interested in what I’m getting out of my training. Could you tell me about the benefits? (Shanice, West Hempstead)
Let’s make it simple by breaking the benefits down into two categories.
- Change in body composition – more bone and muscle mass
- Increased endurance – both muscle and cardio
- Muscle flexibility
- Increased strength which you can easily measure.
Skills attained are:
- Better agility
- Improved balance – which means fewer injuries down the road
- Better coordination – muscular and nervous systems work together for smoother movements
- Improved reaction time – the time it takes to respond to a stimulus
- Increased overall speed of movement.
- Keep training and keep learning. It helps to know why you do the things you do!
Listen to Frank Mikulka’s Weekly Fitness Tips every week on Debbie Mandel’s Turn On Your Inner Light Show every Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 7:30 pm on WGBB 1240AM. Also available on www.turnonyourinnerlight.com/page3.html