I’m pretty happy with my overall program and development, but I still feel my biceps aren’t keeping up. Can you give me some new ideas? (Anthony, Ronkonkoma)
Here are some basic rules to follow to maximize the growth of your biceps.
- Place quality of training ahead of quantity of exercises and sets done.
- Limit total exercises per arm to 3, doing 3 sets each.
- Allow for adequate recovery time (48-72 hours) between biceps workouts.
- Get past sticking points mind/muscle connection - believe and achieve.
- Eat good solid nutrition to enhance growth- remember to eat lean protein.
- Seated, slightly inclined dumbbell curls. Do both arms at the same time (8-12 reps).
- E-Z curl bar biceps standing curl to really hit that biceps with the brachial tie-ins. ( 8-12 reps),
- Finish with seated single arm preacher curls (10-12 per arm).
In order to change the appearance of your arm, you need to follow a game plan for the triceps which composes 2/3 of your arm. You’ve got your work cut out for you, so to speak!