When I look at my upper body, Iím for the most part satisfied with my results, but my shoulders arenít where I hoped they would be. Any suggestions? (Doug. Queens Village).Answer
Here are comprehensive exercises that Iíve found to build depth, width and balance for the shoulder area:
- Military barbell front press
- Dumbbell shoulder press
- Front, side and rear lateral raises with dumbbells
- Pressing movements overhead are to be controlled. Elbows and wrists are aligned under the weight. Exhale on the up-phase.
- Deltoid Raises (front, side and rear) done with good form, slow and controlled: 2 seconds up and 2 seconds down is a good cadence.
- Also, for upper body thickness include chest work: 35 to 45 degree incline chest presses. This upper chest/ shoulder tie-in will help give you the look you seek.
Listen to Frank Mikulka’s Weekly Fitness Tips every week on Debbie Mandel’s Turn On Your Inner Light Show every Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 7:30 pm on WGBB 1240AM. Also available on www.turnonyourinnerlight.com/page3.html