Iím 47 years old and enjoy training, but notice that I have varicose veins. If I exercise hard, will I lose them or is it hopeless?
There is no definitive answer since varicose veins tend to be genetic and aggravated by lifestyle. If you are unhappy cosmetically, there are medical treatments available. If you experience any pain, redness or inflammation, consult your doctor immediately. Here are some suggestions to help you out with the common condition:
- Donít sit or stand in the same position for long periods of time.
- Weight control relieves some pressure.
- Pregnancy can contribute to varicose veins.
- Vitamin C strengthens the collagen structures in the vein walls.
- A sedentary lifestyle is a contributing factor. Try to be active for more blood circulation and less pooling in these areas.
- Avoid restrictive, tight clothing. Allow for freedom and good blood flow.
- Try doing some calf raises to increase blood flow.
Keep moving, stay active and keep training. Because if you are moving, you are not standing still!